Dolly’s New Dress
A great way to use up your fabric scraps and fat quarters is to make new clothes for your 18” doll. This party dress and bolero jacket took no time at all to sew up, using just straight and zigzag stitches. The jacket is lined with the same fabric as the dress. Have your child or grandchild pick out fabric from your stash to create their own special look!
There are some great books available with 18” doll clothes patterns that I recommend:
• Sew the Contemporary Wardrobe for 18-Inch Dolls by Joan Hinds. Full size patterns included for 35 clothing and accessory items, instructions are clear and easy to follow.
• All Dolled Up: Sewing Clothes and Accessories for Girls and Their 18-Inch Dolls by Joan Hinds. Includes full size patterns and video DVD.
• Love to Dress Up 18” Doll Clothes by Lorine Masin. 12 fun outfits made from fat quarters. Full size patterns are included.
• Dressing up 18” Dolly by Lorine Mason. 10 fun outfits made from fat quarters. Full size patterns included.
- Related content to Post: Jessica’s Wedding Gown, Part 1 Sweet Sundress Jessica’s Wedding Gown, Part 3: A Step Back in Time
- Category: crafts, fashion, inspiration
- Tags of Post: 18" doll, bernina, dollclothes, dress, fat quarters, pattern books
- Trackback URL: http://weallsew.com/2012/03/07/dollys-new-dress/