I first learned to sew as a young girl creating simple garments with my Grandmother during our summer visits, which ultimately led to a lifelong love of sewing machines, quilting, and embroidery. I grew up in Seattle and after receiving a Bachelor of Arts from Washington State University, relocated to the Chicago area where over the years I have worked in community relations, graphic design, printing, software development, and as a service technician for a local BERNINA Dealer for close to 7 years.
I was fortunate to join the Education Department at BERNINA of America in June 2010, where I provide the graphic design and layout of Through the Needle ONLINE magazine. I also design and produce new product informational materials, product packaging, program and event logos, as well as digital and traditionally printed artwork of all kinds. I’m pleased to answer consumer email and assist various home office departments with education questions, as well as help with consumer and Dealer special events and trainings. My job is the perfect combination of creative and technical skill!
In addition to sewing and quilting, I enjoy family time with my husband, two young daughters and two Boston Terriers. Together we like to cook, garden, hunt for bargains at flea markets, do home improvement projects, and appreciate a good campfire whenever possible.
Latest Posts from Lisa Klingbeil (12)
- Owlivia Slouch Bag: A Blank Canvas
- Couching Fancy Fibers
- Dolly’s New Dress
- Freearm Embroidery Made Easy
- How to Sew an Upcycled Ring Bearer’s Pillow
- How to Sew an Upcycled Envelope Clutch
- Thread Organization – Isacord Thread Trays
- Create Beautiful Trapunto Designs with Dimensional Stitching
- Reading Through the Needle ONLINE on your iPad
- CutWork Chubby Chicks
- How to Make a Quilted Holiday Stocking
- Crazy Spider Table Topper