My friend is having a baby, so I swung by my local big box baby store. My family currently is just my hubby and me—so it was a new experience. Almost instantly, I was lost in the aisles.
The dizzying display of strollers, bouncers, car seats, wipes, diaper creams, shampoos and baby lotions in rainbow-colored tubes, bottles and boxes was overwhelming. After 20 minutes, I hightailed it home thinking I’d be better off with something DIY. So I sat down at my sewing machine and came up with this totally washable reversible roll-up changing pad. And now that I’m relaxed… I may be OK enough to venture back to the baby store for a matching diaper bag? Then again, maybe I’ll get ambitious and DIY one.
Materials to Sew a DIY Reversible Baby Changing Pad
- Two pieces of fabric that are 20″ by 30″ (I used contrasting fabrics so one piece was one fabric print and one piece was a different print)
- One piece of thin batting 19″ by 29″. I used cotton batting that was about 1/8″ thick.
- One piece of fabric that is 26″ by 4″ (can be either print).
- Iron and ironing board
- Sewing machine (I used my BERNINA 380) and also can recommend the BERNINA 350 PE -Scissors
- Ruler or measuring tape
Instructions to Sew a DIY Reversible Roll Up Baby Changing Pad
1. Measure and cut your fabrics and batting.