PIN YOUR FAVORITE BACK-TO-SCHOOL SEWING PROJECT SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of BERNINA of America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, judging, administrative, and Sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on September 2, 2014 at 9:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on September 15, 2014 at 5:00:00 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Application server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: To participate, you must have a valid email address and Internet access.
Enter online via Facebook: To enter, visit the BERNINA USA Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/berninausa (the “BERNINA Facebook Page”), during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the tab “Pin to Win” to access the BERNINA Pinterest Back-to-School Sweepstakes application (the “Application”). You will be required to have a valid Facebook account and “like” the BERNINA USA Facebook Page, if you are not already a fan, in order to access the Application. After you access the “Back-To-School Pinterest Sweepstakes” Application, you are required to “pin” an image of your favorite Back-to-School Sewing Project (the “Sweepstakes”). Within the Application, you will be provided with a selection of images. Select one (1) image to pin to your Pinterest board on www.pinterest.com or check the box that allows you to pin any image of your choosing. You must be a member of Pinterest to participate in the Sweepstakes. To become a member of Pinterest, you may go to www.pinterest.com to request membership. Membership in Pinterest is free. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the WeAllSew blog (www.weallsew.com). Follow the on-screen directions to enter your email address and pin for your favorite project to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. For your entry to be valid, you must complete all required information.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Pinterest. You are providing your information to the Sweepstakes Parties, not to Facebook and Pinterest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion should be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook and Pinterest.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: The Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from all entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period to be conducted by a third party judging organization engaged by Sponsor (“Administrator”) on or about September 23, 2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator’s decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the drawing.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
One (1) Grand Prize: BERNINA Backpack. ARV: $ 90.00.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is non-transferable and no cash redemption or substitution is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of any prize(s) valued $600 or over. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. The ARV for the Sweepstakes Prize is as of the date these rules were finalized and may fluctuate. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value at the time the prize was awarded will not be awarded.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age, and will be contacted via a traceable method of mail sent to the address provided during registration. The Grand Prize winner will be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing, and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the Winner’s name, city/state, likeness, or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within seven (7) calendar days of attempted mail notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be contacted. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete a W9 Tax Form and will be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 in January following the year the prize is awarded. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence (18 years of age in AL or NE) will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants. If a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or if potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted and awarded the prize. Prize may not be awarded if the prize is not properly claimed.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR THE APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may award the prize in a drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes. All determinations of suspect, erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed entries will be made by Sponsor and shall be final.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties, Facebook, Inc. and Pinterest. (collectively, “Releasees”) resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Application service in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Application network; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the Application. Use of the Application is at user’s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment/mobile phone resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Application or the download of any information from the Application, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, Sweepstakes Parties , Facebook, Inc. and Pinterest from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Application) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
11. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Cook County, Illinois for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
12. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winner will be posted on the BERNINA USA Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/berninausa) within 30 days of Sweepstakes completion, and will otherwise be available upon request by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 31, 2014.
13. SPONSOR: BERNINA of America, Inc., 3702 Prairie Lake Court, Aurora, IL 60504.