From Desperation to Elation

My first sewing machine was a Bernette given to me over 25 years ago as a gift. It’s been a great machine but hadn’t been used very much in the last few years. I used it a couple times last year and found that it was in desperate need of servicing and my snap-on-foot clamp broke, More …

My 1st Bernina

In May of 2016 my daughter took me to a Bernina dealer where I purchased my first Bernina, the 770qe with embroidery. I was so very excited to finally upgrade to a new machine. I had borrowed my daughter’s older Bernina and fell in love with it! So of course my new machine had to More …

Bernina Joy of Sewing

My First Bernina Short version: Boyfriend bought me a sewing machine (different brand) on credit. Made 2 payments. Married him. Fast forward, old machine stopped working. Husband surprised me with a new Bernina Artista 730 for our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. At the time it was the top of the line. Sewing machine is a keeper, More …

Bernina Bliss

The sewing journey began in an 8th grade Home Ec class. I was hooked; by 9th grade, I was making most of my clothes and continued taking Home Ec every year of high school and majored in it in college. My dream since college was to own a Bernina!!! I watched on the side lines More …

Accidental but Wonderful Purchase

My first Bernina, an 1130, was an accidental purchase.  It was my third machine.  I had given my second machine some heavy use; it needed to be refurbished.  It was questionable whether or not it would be worth the expense.  At just the right time, my husband’s employer’s monthly newsletter had an ad for a More …

Bernie’s Bernina

For 30 some years I have sewn with an old Singer.  My mother, Bernice, decided she wanted to learn to sew, so I offered to buy her an inexpensive machine she could use until she figured out if she really was going to like sewing.  Instead she bought this beautiful Bernina Aurora 430 LE.  I More …

I am a Bernina Girl

My first Bernina was a Bernina 930 but it was not my first machine. You see my husband gave me a sewing machine as a wedding present when we got married in 1969. I was so touched by his thoughtfulness giving me something that he knew I would use a lot. But I never bonded More …

Bernina 180E

A Bernina store opened down the street from my home and I used to stop in to dream of owning a Bernina Embroidery Machine… That same year my husband surprised me at Christmas with the best Christmas gift ever: my brand new Bernina 180E complete with a treasure chest of thread, stabilizer, etc. I believe it More …

My First Bernina 730

Through the years I have had many different sewing machines. However, I always wished for an embroidery machine and  I knew that Bernina made the best.  I also did not have a lot of money.  I saved up and priced them.  I went to look for ideas on ebay.  There, bright and shiny, was a More …

My First Bernina

My first Bernina, a 1240, was purchased in 1991 from Nina McVeigh, now one of your experts.  Back then she owned The Sampler House in Stevens Point WI and was the expert to go to (for any kind of sewing, but started me on the road of quilting).  27 years of hard labor later the More …