FMQ, Monogrammed, Beaded Bling Machine Cover for my 750QE

I started this UFO back in 2014 and I’m so glad to have finally finished it so I can enjoy it!  The dust cover that came with my Bernina 750 QE had three problems: it was too tall to fit my machine when my machine was recessed into my sewing cabinet, it didn’t fit over the machine when I had the Multiple Spool Holder attached (and I ALWAYS have the Multiple Spool Holder attached!), and — worst offense of all — it was drab gray and black.  I had a blast designing and creating this new cover for my machine using a fabulous Kaffe Fassett Millefiore fabric in Red, which I densely free motion quilted using the BSR foot for lots of delicious texture and structure.  Then I cut the pattern pieces out of my fabric after quilting it and sewed the cover together with piping and bound edges made from scraps of a coordinating home dec fabric.  I created the machine embroidered monogram in Bernina Designer Plus embroidery software, combining two different monograms from Embroidery Arts, and stitched the monogram in Isacord embroidery thread.  Then I added some seed beads and bugle beads to the monogram by hand to give it some bling, and finally (finally!) finished the project this month by hand stitching a vintage frog closure to the back of the machine cover to secure the opening that slips around my Multiple Spool Holder. The only drawback to this project is that my sewing machine is so rarely dressed in her pretty red outfit because I am always using, and loving, that machine!  To learn more about this project, visit this blog post: http://cheekycognoscenti.blogspot.com/2018/09/taking-break-from-longarm-tension.html, this one: http://cheekycognoscenti.blogspot.com/2014/08/750-qe-sewing-machine-cover-part-deux.html and this one: https://cheekycognoscenti.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-emperors-invisible-quilting-sewing.html

3 thoughts on “FMQ, Monogrammed, Beaded Bling Machine Cover for my 750QE

  1. I did the same for my new 700E. That spoolholder is part of the machine…..and for me, so is the embroidery unit….always attached. I made a fitted quilted cover that covers both, and used an OESD Bernina 730 lace design to decorate. Yours is lovely!

Leave a Reply