Space for the Imagination

My sewing world is  spread about our house.  One can not open a door with out material falling out.  My newest acquisition, my Bernina 88O still is on the dining room table but hopefully I will get it downstairs to my quilting, sewing, embroidery and applique corner.  Christmas this year is exciting as my husband More …

My new sewing room

I recently took my jumbled mass of fabric and sewing supplies that were thrown together into a large pile in a spare bedroom and created a new dedicated sewing space for myself. While it is a work-in-progress, I’m delighted to now be able to see my fabric without having to sort through large piles.  I More …

Stability in my Sewing Studio

I love to sew and have been doing so since I was young. I am also no longer in college and can sew instead of doing homework and writing papers. While I was in college moving about I just got out the projects I wanted to work on, and everything else stayed packed away. However, More …

My Sewing/ Design Space

I just moved into my new place a few months ago so my sewing space has been a bit of a work in progress. Unfortunately, it’s not an entire room but I do have a nice size corner to work with, there’s plenty of room to spread out if needed for those bigger projects too. More …

I Dream of Sewing

My sewing room is the culmination of many, many years of dreaming and planning. We designed and built our own house and my dream sewing room came into being. Building our home will be my legacy. It was the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done and not a day goes by that More …

Sewing in College

As a college student I initially didn’t bring a sewing machine to school. I soon realized I missed sewing! Sewing has helped keep me sane through school. I ended up bring my Bernina to school. I normally have it set up on my desk in my dorm room. I also take my machine around campus More …

My Sewing Haven

My sewing room is definitely my sewing haven.    Almost five years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s.    That word will knock you off your socks, believe me.     So, I decided to retire, my husband then retired, we moved out of the city, built a house in the country where I grew up More …

Grandma’s Sewing Space

I was inspired to sew when I became a grandmother!  Once I retired (two years now), I turned one guest room into my sewing room.  I was excited a couple months ago when I found a Bernina 350SE to sew baby clothes and potentially doll clothes ( I have two newborn granddaughters!)  I am looking More …

My Sewing Sanctuary

After retiring a few months ago, I took up quilting, and fell in love with my new hobby. Soon after, I bought a new sewing machine, and converted my home office into a sewing room. I feel happy every time I sit down in front of my Bernina, whose performance rewards my efforts, and has More …