A former graphic designer, Lee discovered quilting and sewing when she left her job to stay home with her oldest daughter. She now sees quilting as a natural extension of her design work - it's graphic design in the form of fabric! Lee recently co-authored the book Vintage Quilt Revival, 22 Modern Designs from Classic Blocks, and her projects have been featured in Quiltmaker magazine, Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts, Fat Quarterly, the Moda Bake Shop, and more. She also teaches and lectures locally and nationally.
Latest Posts from Lee Heinrich (22)
- How to Wrap Fabric on a Frame
- Trendy Tiny Piecing: A Wall-Hanging Project
- Arrow Baby Quilt with HST’s Plus a Giveaway!
- Don’t Forget the Quilt Label!
- Quilt Batting 101
- Drunkard’s Path Block Basics
- Make a Log Cabin Block
- Holiday Ornament Mini Quilt
- Quilting With Triangles, Part 3: Design
- Quilting with Triangles, Part 2: Piecing
- Quilting With Triangles, Part 1: Cutting
- Accurate Piecing Basics: Quarter-inch Seams
- Accurate Piecing Basics: Cutting
- Greek Key Quilt-Along, Week 3: Finishing the Quilt
- Greek Key Quilt-Along, Week 2: Making the Blocks
- Greek Key Quilt-Along, Week 1: Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instructions
- Never Tear Out Stitches Again! How to Make Paper Piecing Easy
- Chandelier Quilt Along: Week Three – Quilting
- Chandelier Quilt Along: Week Two – Make the Blocks
- Chandelier Quilt-Along: Week One – Fabric Requirements and Cutting Instructions
- Fair Isle Pillow Tutorial
- Easy DIY Quilt Hanging Sleeve – Almost Entirely by Machine!