Winning the Anniversary Foot

I got my first Bernina 580 only a few months ago. My husband was going to buy me a Janome this spring, but a friend and former dealer overheard me talking about it and decided to approach me with a fabulous offer. She had a slightly used Bernina 580 which she wanted to sell me. More …

Going for the Gold!

I have been sewing since high school Home Ec class way back in the 60s, and I got my first sewing machine, a Singer, in college. About 15 years ago, I got my Bernina, the Activa 240, and started making clothing for my grand babies, then I had a small business making baby clothes and More …

My Love Affair with Bernina

I fell in love with Berninas when I was in high school and college.  I saw one demonstrated at a local shop and began to lust (in my heart). I did not get one until many years later.  Then, my first Bernina was a Bernette Chicago 7.  I wanted to do machine embroidery and was More …

My 801 Sport

This is my little 801 Sport that I got in the 1980’s. I still sew on it occasionally and it’s still sews as beautifully as it did when it was new. It makes gorgeous buttonholes!! My mom helped me buy it by paying half. I took smocking lessons at The Berry Patch in Fort Worth More …

My First Bernina

I got my first Bernina about 20+ years ago.  I had had a small Singer machine since high school, and really wanted a new machine. I bought a 150QE– and was hooked!! Have never looked back. The machine is wonderful, I still use it. Now it is my retreat and class machine, and I have More …

My First Bernina …930 Record

When I started shopping for a new machine in 1985 I looked at several brands. I didn’t know anything about a Bernina but a store about 30 minutes from me sold them so went down for a demo and to try one out and instantly fell in love. It was more expensive than other machines More …

new machine

I have had my current machine for over 30 years.  While I do not have a Bernina, after reading all the goods things about them, it may be my next purchase.  I do need an update.

Sewing like I never thought!

I purchased my very first Bernina 530 in 2014. I had always heard about Bernina and when I needed a new machine I had my mind on nothing but Bernina. I could not believe how perfect the stitch was! I could think of nothing but sewing on that machine day and night! I sewed children’s More …

Sewing like I never thought!

I purchased my very first Bernina 530 in 2014. I had always heard about Bernina and when I needed a new machine I had my mind on nothing but Bernina. I could not believe how perfect the stitch was! I could think of nothing but sewing on that machine day and night! I sewed children’s More …

Crazy 1

My first quilt was a crazy quilt stack-and-wack project.  It’s 72” X 90” and I called it “A Crazy Start”.  I don’t have a photo of it, so will add that later if possible.  A friend (master quilter) helped me choose the pattern and fabrics (from her wildly impressive stash) and taught me how to More …