As a BERNINA of America Educator one of my primary tasks is to host the All About ME (Machine Embroidery) Programs. These virtual programs are hosted in the dealers’ stores monthly and focus on machine embroidery, stabilizer, and designs. I have the opportunity to travel throughout the United Stated to present programs. And I LOVE seeing all the projects people make! It inspires me to see what other people have done with embroidery and makes me want to come home and start.I started sewing when I was very young. Some of my fondest memories are of sitting with my mother and grandmother as they stitched. It was because of their influence that I decided to major in Home Economics Education in college. When my girls were young, I made all their clothes. They always had lots of ruffled dresses and cute embroidered t-shirts and jeans.I have worked in the sewing industry in many forms — from teaching serger classes at a local vo-tech school to creating custom-fitted clothing to working at the BERNINA Sewing Center in Oklahoma City.
Latest Posts from Kay Hickman (21)
- 3 Reasons You Need Embroidery Software (And It’s Free!)
- Embroidery Basics: Tip for Storing Stabilizer Information Sheets
- Embroidery Basics: How to Make Free-Standing Lace
- How to Move a Design from Your Computer to Your Embroidery Machine – In the Right Format!
- How to Put Embroidery on ANYTHING – Without Stitching On It!
- Embroidery Basics: How to Use Paper Templates for Marking Designs
- Embroidery Basics: 7 Essential Supplies
- Tips for Successful Embroidery on Towels: Free Video Tutorial
- Embroidery Basics: Two Techniques for Aligning Centers in Hoopless Embroidery
- Embroidery Basics: The Machine Embroidery Hoop
- How to Hem Jeans
- Save Those Batting Scraps!
- Embroidery Basics 2: “Hooping” Without a Hoop
- Embroidery Basics: Marking and Hooping Your Project
- Sewing Buttons by Machine
- Meet the Experts: Kay Hickman
- Sweatshirts “with Decorations”
- “Blooming” Chrysanthemums
- Fuse & Fleece
- “Leaves in Contrast” Jacket Upcycle
- Sterling Monogram “Love” Pillow