Hygienic steam: a natural way to kill germs
Did you know that you can sanitize surfaces throughout your home with steam?
Steamers that reach temperatures greater than 265°F can sanitize a variety of different surfaces. Steam away germs, bacteria and more from the surfaces in your home to provide a healthier environment for your family.
Experts advise taking extra steps to keep your home free of germs, not only to prevent illness but also to keep the spread of illness down.
Heat treatment has proven to be effective in killing all sorts of germs, particularly in areas where you may not be able to use detergent such as upholstered furniture, quilts, or bedding. A steam treatment can be a good alternative to the use of chemicals, especially for those with allergies.
LAURASTAR Dry Microfine Steam is the perfect solution to purify and beautify all textiles in your home.
PURIFY YOUR CLOTHING
Being in close quarters all day can have its disadvantages. Whenever you touch or stand next to someone who is sick, you might bring home undesirable guests such as bacteria or microbes. Luckily, there’s a simple solution: LAURASTAR Dry Microfine Steam (DMS). How does it work? The power of the steam as it leaves the iron allows it to penetrate textiles uniformly and effectively, leaving them uniquely fresh and soft. But that’s not all. LAURASTAR DMS does not leave fabric damp, and fixes fibers in place so that your clothes are perfectly ironed and thoroughly cleaned. Steaming has to be done at a distance of 1 inch or less of fabrics.
IRON AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
Bacteria, viruses, and mites are destroyed by heat. Generally, a temperature of 250°F is used for complete sterilization. The proteins and nuclei acids are denatured at high temperature and the viruses are destroyed meaning they are unable to infect or replicate. (The intensity and duration of heat needed to deactivate the virus depends on the virus.) A simple and effective way to protect yourself from germs is the chemical-free use of LAURASTAR Dry Microfine Steam (DMS). This technique is ideal for sanitizing fabrics that can’t be washed at high temperatures, such as fine linens, or polyester or silk clothing. For people with allergies, who must limit the spread of these microorganisms as much as possible, ironing is a mandatory step. Investing in a LAURASTAR iron can save you a considerable amount of time and energy and sneezes!
How it works?
- LAURASTAR steam is generated in the boiler. First water is heated to 284°F, generating a pressure of 50 PSI. By superheating the steam, it transforms the water into a gas or better known as steam.
- Once the steam gets into the iron, it is reheated again. That’s where it is transformed into micro fine water molecules in a gaseous state – all the vapor has now been transformed into steam. That’s why we call it dry microfine steam (DMS) because it no longer contains any water in liquid form creating wetness on your textiles. Dampness and moisture is also a breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
- The dry steam exits through the small holes of the iron plate with a speed of 50 feet per second.
- This allows the water molecules to be penetrated deep into textiles and the energy within each molecule to kill all germs and bacteria. The power and dryness of LAURASTAR steam is unlike others on the market.
- Disclaimer: We want to remind you that with the coronavirus (COVID-19) being so new, adequate testing has not been done to show the most effective ways to combat the virus.
For over 40 years in business, the family-owned Swiss company continues to manufacture its products in Europe. Created with innovation at its heart, LAURASTAR provides a breath of fresh air to your life every day.
Our engineers and designers strive to develop long-lasting, reliable, high-quality products.
For more information about the features of LAURASTAR irons, visit: www.laurastarus.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.