It’s Minki from Minkis’s Worktable. Spring is just around corner and this bunny snack bag is perfect for the season!
It’s reversible, so you can enjoy two different bags within one bag!
Finished size: 6” x 4 3/4” x 8” (without bunny ears)
Materials to Make a Bunny Snack Bag
- 20 3/4” x 11”, Two (2) 10” x 2 1/2” yellow bunny print
- 20 3/4” x 11”, Two (2) 10” x 2 1/2” pink bunny print
- 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” white solid
- 2 1/8 x 1 1/8” pink felt
*no interfacing used in the bag
How to Sew the Bunny Snack Bag
1. Fold 20 3/4” x 11” rectangle bunny print in half with right sides facing and sew both sides with a quarter-inch seam. Make two, one for the outside of the bag and one for the lining.
2. Round off one end of each of the 10″ x 2 1/2″ strips to become the bunny ears. Pin one flat end of 10” x 2 1/2” yellow bunny-ear-print to match centered with the bag side-seam. Sew the bunny ear as shown with a quarter-inch seam. Sew the other ear as well.
3. Fold the bag bottom as shown and place it on the cutting mat. Draw a diagonal line and cut. Repeat the step for pink lining.
4. Sew the bag bottoms with a quarter-inch seam.
5. Repeat the steps for the bag lining, except, sew only one bottom side of bag lining (the other will be left open to turn the bag inside-out).
6. With the right sides facing, place the bag lining inside of the outer bag and pin in place.
7. Sew all the way with a quarter-inch seam.
8. Clip into the seam allowance where the ears join the bag, being careful not to snip into the stitching.
9. Turn the bag right side out through the lining opening. Sew the opening closed by hand using a blind stitch.
10. By hand or by machine, stitch your kid’s name on the white solid fabric. Make a name tag and sew together with pink felt (optional).
I hope you enjoy making this cute bunny bag. Enlarge or reduce the size for your purpose.