Minki Kim is formally trained artist and self-taught sewist. She discovered sewing as a creative outlet when her children were small and she wanted to capture the beauty of ordinary moments, first with hand embroidery and later recreating them with her sewing machine and fabric-literally drawing with thread. Originally from Korea, Minki now calls Southern California home, where she lives with her husband and three young daughters. On any given day you can find her in her sewing room creating projects on her blog, MinkiKim.com, in her pattern shop, SewingIllustration.com, and Instagram.com/zeriano
Minki has a book "Sew Illustrated" from Stash Books coming out in August 2016.
Latest Posts from Minki Kim (21)
- DIY Cosmetic Zipper Pouch
- Scrappy Coaster Set
- Quilted Easter Basket Tutorial
- How to make Gingham Placemats + Giveaway!
- Patchwork Heart Pillow
- Quilted Mini House Trivets
- Holiday House Ornaments
- Circle Potholder
- My Kitchen Potholder and Giveaway!
- Hexie Block Zip Pouch
- Bunny Snack Bag
- Handmade Felt Appliqué Pincushions
- Charming Pocket Apron Tutorial
- Back to school DIY – Stationery Pouch
- How to use Stamp Sets for Sewing Projects
- One-of-a-kind Pincushions
- Spring Tea Time Set
- Fabric Mini Basket
- Embellishing with Free-motion and Appliqué
- Easy Hexie Pillow Tutorial
- “You Are Loved” Snack Mat