All Star Quilt-along Block 4
Hi there! If you are just joining in, check out Block 1, Block 2, and Block 3 of the All Star Quilt. It’ll catch you up to where we are in week 4.
Onto block 4! This is my favorite block of all the ones in this quilt. I plan on making a whole quilt with this block soon. it comes together quickly and easily and I think it’s very high imact
Here is what you’ll need to cut for ONE block:
- 1 – 4 1/2″ center (be sure to cut the block on point if you are using a focal fabric like the one below)
- 1 – 5 1/4″ for the “body” of your geese (we will make 4 geese)
- 4 – 2 7/8″ for “wings” of the geese
- 4 – 2 1/2″ squares (same fabric as the “wings” of your geese)
- 4 – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ strips in a focal fabric
- 4 – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ strips in background fabric
- 4 – 2 1/2″ square in background fabric
Make 4 flying geese using the method illustrated in Block 1 tutorial.
Lay out your fabrics as pictured below.
Let’s start sewing together the block. All seams are 1/4″.
Join your 2 1/2″ foreground fabrics to your 2 1/2″ background fabrics.
Add your 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ background strip to the first unit as pictured below.
Join your geese to your foreground 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ strip. The geese should be on the bottom of the unit.
Lay out your block as pictured below.
Assemble your blocks into rows as pictured below.
Add your outer rows to the inner row and you’re done! Isn’t this such a fun block?
Make another block. You should now have 8 blocks total. We will be making the final five next week!
Be sure to use #HeyNowYoureAnAllStarQuilt and #GiucyGiucePatterns when posting your progress on Instagram!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.