Overlocker/Serger Project Roundup with Palak Shah of Make It Handmade
I’m excited to tell you we have a guest blogger for Linky Friday, and she’s put together a list of tutorials and projects featuring my favorite machine: My overlocker/serger! Jo
Sergers or overlockers are amazing machines that can make your sewing faster, quicker and neater. If you have a serger – or have your eye on one – you might be wondering what you can do with them.
Here is a collection of 12 amazing overlocker projects from around the web that will make your sewing machine jealous.
1. If you are feeling a little rusty on your overlocker/serger skills, you can review the basics at my blog. Check out these posts on threading your serger, perfecting serger tension, serging curves , and more!
3. I’m always drowning in scraps. This serger ribbon tutorial will show you how to transform scraps into useful ribbon in a flash.
4. Did you you know you can make a pillow case entirely on a serger? We All Sew’s very own Jo shows you how in her Roll It Up Serger Pillowcase tutorial.
6. I just love full skirts on little girls. Learn how to using a serger can make these skirts go super fast at my Super Simple Serger Ruffle tutorials.
7. How cute are these sashed shorts? Amy from This Big Oak Tree whipped these up using her serger. Her One Yard Summer Shorts Tutorial even shows you how to make a pattern from an existing pair of shorts!
12. Finally, what little girl doesn’t love to twirl? This tutorial for a twirled skirt has tips for making a skirt for all sizes – even yourself!
This list should keep you (and your serger) busy for quite a while! If you want to chat about serging, sewing, or anything in between, stop by at Make It Handmade –I’d love to hear from you!