Diamonds 2 Quilt Along, Part 6: Quilting Row Five
Welcome back to the Diamonds 2 Quilt-Along! I’m BERNINA Expert Amanda Murphy and this month we’ll quilt the first zigzag row of the sampler with a simple heart motif.
A detailed shot of the zigzag rows. I kept them pretty simple, so they’d contrast with the rest of the quilting.
If you missed the first five parts of the quilt-along you can find them here:
- Diamonds 2 Quilt Along, Part 1: Piecing
- Diamonds 2 Quilt Along, Part 2: Quilting Row One
- Here you can find general directions on handle quilting order on both a longarm and sit-down or domestic machine.
- Diamonds 2 Quilt Along, Part 3: Quilting Row Two
- Diamonds 2 Quilt Along, Part 4: Quilting Row Three
- Diamonds 2 Quilt Along, Part 5: Quilting Row Four
If you are on a frame, you’ll want to first stabilize this area by quilting along the seam along its bottom. I stayed with Aurifil 5006 for this step and quilted a hairline below the seam so that I was on the aqua fabric. Then I switch to Aurifil #2479 Orchid, which is a lovely pink color, to quilt this row. (If you are on a domestic you have probably done all your stitch-in-the-ditch work already, as described in a previous post.)
Download the PDF instructions here and watch the below video!
How to Quilt the Zigzag Row of the Diamonds 2 Quilt
Happy quilting and I’ll see you back on WeAllSew on May 11th to quilt the middle row of Diamonds 2!