Amanda Murphy is a quilt and fabric designer whose style bridges the modern and traditional. She is a BERNINA Quilting and Longarm Spokesperson, national teacher, has a popular independent pattern line, and designs fabric collections for Contempo of Benartex Fabrics and embroidery collections for OESD.
She has authored several books for C&T publishing including the best-selling Free-Motion Quilting Idea Book and the new Rulerwork Quilting Idea Book.
Amanda enjoys every part of the quilting process, from designing fabrics, to integrating piecing and appliqué techniques, to the quilting itself.
But the best part of her job is seeing people use her fabrics, books, and patterns to create their own works of art!
You can see the latest from Amanda, and ask her quilting questions in her Facebook group Quilting with Amanda Murphy.
Latest Posts from Amanda Murphy (14)
- BERNINA Rulerwork Quilt-along Part 2
- BERNINA Rulerwork Quilt-along Part 1
- Free-motion Quilting Sashing Designs
- Zippered Rulerwork Bags
- Adjustable Ruler Foot #72 Tips and Tricks
- How to Free-Motion Quilt Swirl Designs
- How To Quilt Feathers including Handout for Practice
- Free-Motion Quilting Panels and Book Give-Away
- 10 Things I Love About My BERNINA Dealer
- Color Basics with Amanda Murphy
- BERNINA 5 Series and 7 Series Sewing Machines Star in Two New Craftsy Classes
- Modern Blossoms for Mother’s Day
- DesignWorks Pillows & Runner from Amanda Murphy
- New Year and New Book for Amanda Murphy!