A Resting Spot for Santa
Here’s a quick project to decorate for the holidays! The featured design is the large stocking from OESD’s “Magic in the Air” embroidery collection #016, designed to fit the Jumbo Hoop for the BERNINA 830. If you don’t have a hoop large enough to fit this design, create a grouping from some of the smaller designs, such as the smaller stocking + the skating snowman.
- Choose a padded stool. Remove the seat from the legs.
- Embroider the large stocking from OESD’s “Magic in the Air” design collection #016 on black boiled wool in the Jumbo Hoop.
- Trim your fabric to 3-4″ larger than your stool.
- Using Bulky Overlock / Braiding Foot #12C, zigzag drapery cording around the perimeter of the circle.
- Cinch up cording to fit around the stool seat.
- Re-attach the seat to the legs of your stool.
Instant Christmas stool for Santa!
- home décor