Alt Design Summit or Bust!
For the second year, BERNINA of America is one of the proud sponsors at ALT Design Summit and I am fortunate that I get to attend AGAIN. <insert high-pitched squeal> My bags are over-packed and I am leaving today for a fun-filled three days in Salt Lake City! “Iamsoexcited,” is an understatement.
Why you ask? Well, the Alt Design Summit (aka: Alt Summit) is a super chic event that provides an opportunity for design and lifestyle bloggers of all types—foodies, photographers, travelers, fashionistas, interior designers, product placers and adventurers—to come together, share ideas and learn more about the business and creative side of blogging.
And the best part is that BERNINA, for the second year in a row, is a proud sponsor of the Alt Summit Design Camps. In partnership with the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) crafting website Kollabora, we will be sponsoring three Design Camps. At these hands-on sessions, attendees will use BERNINA 330 and 350 PE sewing machines to create fabric yo-yo necklaces, backpacks and jewelry stash bags. Check out these fun projects and their amazing creators:
• Yo-Yo Necklace—Marigold Haske, a sewing instructor and blogger at Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!, will show attendees how to make fabric yo-yos that can be made into a necklace, a home décor piece or a fashionable wardrobe update.
• Backpacks—Instructor Rachel Faucett, one of our WeAllSew Sewing Experts and author of Handmade Charlotte, a daily design and DIY crafts blog focused on kids and families, will host a class to create a fun backpack that can also be used as an adult or child’s accessory.
• Jewelry Stash—Ashley Rose, whose Sugar & Cloth blog focuses on crafts, DIY and thrift finds, will lead a session on creating a geometric jewelry pendant and a jewelry bag.
BTW–If you haven’t already registered for this year’s Alt Summit, you’ll have to wait until 2014. The three-day event, as well as our BERNINA and Kollabora Design Camps, has been sold out for weeks!
Sorry folks … BUT we will be sharing pictures throughout the event on Facebook and Twitter, so stay connected as we share the fun projects of a very stylish crowd. Also, check back after Alt Summit because the Design Camp project instructions will be available on WeAllSew.
- Related content to Post: WeAllSew For The Holidays: 9 Ways to Sew to Serve in Wintertime Deer Quilt Sew-Along with LUKE Haynes – Week One High-Low Skirt by Mimi G. for WeAllSew
- Category: education, events
- Tags of Post: alt summit, altitude design summit, bernina, craft, diy, kollabora
- Trackback URL: http://weallsew.com/2013/01/23/alt-design-summit-or-bust/