Writing Designs from Software to Machine or USB Stick
Many readers have asked for instructions on writing designs from BERNINA Embroidery Software to their embroidery system or USB storage device. The instructions below are written for the BERNINA 830, but the steps are the same for other systems except that a different device will be selected. Be sure you have the latest software updates; earlier version (that were released before the BERNINA 830) will not have the 830 as a device option.
- ArtLink: version 6 is available as a free download at berninausa.com > Products > Software > ArtLink 6.
- ArtDesign: was included with early BERNINA 830 purchases. It must be updated with Service Pack 1 (SP1), available as a free download at berninausa.com > Support > Software Downloads.
- BERNINA Embroidery Software 5: must be updated with Service Pack 2 (SP2) to have the 830 files added for transferring designs and adding the Jumbo Hoop file. It is available as a free download at berninausa.com > Support > Software Downloads.
- BERNINA Embroidery Software 6: must be updated with Service Pack 1 (SP1), available as a free download at berninausa.com > Support > Software Downloads.
The process for transferring designs with any of the above software products is the same:
- Open the design in the software
- Make desired changes using the available tools.
- TIP: Before sending the design to the machine, save it as an ART file so it will be available if you want to modify it in the software again later.
- Touch the Write to Machine icon and press OK, or select File > Write to Machine and press OK.
- Select the BERNINA 830 or USB Stick for the BERNINA 830. (For other embroidery systems, select the appropriate device.
If using a USB stick:
- Select the blue arrow icon to send the design to the USB Stick.
- Wait for the “Design Successfully Sent to the Embroidery System” message.
- Take the USB stick to the BERNINA 830 and embroider the design.
If using a cable connected directly to the BERNINA 830:
- Select the blue arrow icon or the needle icon to send the file directly to the BERNINA 830.
- The arrow saves the design to the 830 memory; the needle sends the design to the screen, and the design will not be saved to the machine.
- Embroider the design.
What you might also like
13 comments on “Writing Designs from Software to Machine or USB Stick”
I wanted to buy the 830 but no one at the store could advise me on how to use the software on my mac. Does Bernina have anyone that is a mac user to help me decide if I want to purchase the software or just use my Imac converter? The store insisted I needed the expensive software which was a deal breaker for me.
I have had the Bernina Auto Digitizer V4 for about 3 years, after trying to use it for several months and taking a couple of classes on it, it ended up in the closet. I found it very hard to understand the instruction books and the guy who taught the lessons knew about as much as I did. I have become very frustrated after purchasing what I felt like was a very expensive software. I have written to BerninaUSA and not gotten any answers either. I recently made a trip to Atlanta Sewing Center and they were not very helpful either. I do know that this software is not user friendly and I would advise anyone who is thinking about purchasing it to beware. I would like to have basic instructions on step 1, 2, 3, of how to use it, if at all possible. Instructions in writing so that I can follow and get a end result that I can be happy with.
I am trying to download the Artlink6 and keep getting error messages. 1. x86, type = win32, vers 9.0.210228 public token key 1fl8b3b9alel8e3b. Contact support. 2. The application has failed because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see application log for more detail. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I have turned off all virus protection every time I have tried. Thank you!
I have the v6 software and the Bernina 730 and I also have a Babylock how to I save the designs for the Babylock after I get the design ready in my software.Help!!!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I have a Bernina Deco 340. Will this work for my machine? Thank you. If it does, this is most helpful.