How to Use Rivets to Add Detail to a Denim Jacket
Learn how to add rivet corset detail to the back of a denim jacket. Watch as 7th Bone tailor, Leslie Padoll, explains how to place your leather strips on the coat. Leslie goes into detail about how to use a rivet kit. She also will walk you through placing the rivets to create the corset design.
Materials to Create a Denim Jacket with Rivets
- Your sewing machine. We sew on a BERNINA 1008
- BERNINA Straight Stitch Foot with non-stick sole #53
- Denim jacket
- Leather strips 1 ½” x 14”, two strips
- 3 ft leather cord (or any color trim you choose!)
- Hole punch
- Rivets (number of rivets depends on your style)
- Cutting board
- Leather sewing machine needle
- Tape measure
- Grid ruler
Leslie will also walk you through how to use the coated foot attachment and sew leather like butter. She includes great tips about needle placement and overall leather design! Have fun and let us know what garments you added rivets to in the comments!