DIY Crop Sweatshirt
February 21, 2017 Erin Hogan-Braker
DIY Crop Sweatshirt with Stencil Detail
Crop sweatshirts are a great layering piece for all ages. Wear over a longer, oversized dress shirt to play with proportions.
Dominique Jernigan from 7th Bone Tailoring will walk you through this fast & easy way to make a customized crop sweatshirt. Take any oversized sweatshirt and crop it into a new shape!
Materials to Create a DIY Crop Sweatshirt with Stencil Detail
- Used, oversized sweatshirt
- Tula Pink Scissors
- BERNINA Knit or universal needles
- Mettler polyester thread
- Matching thread color for cropping
- Contrasting thread color for stenciling
- Stencils by Sew Steady
- BERNINA sewing machine, we sew on a BERNINA 1008
This video is for anyone looking to up-cycle their existing wardrobe:
Please let us know in a comment what kind of stencil designs you created!
- Difficulty level
- Time to Complete
- Used Material
- chalk, iron, pins, polyester threas, scissors, stencil, sweatshirt
- all seasons, fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
- free-motion quilting, quilting, sewing
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.