Kate Toney is the Embroidery Education Specialist for BERNINA of America. In addition to being an expert contributor on We All Sew Kate has also been a BERNINA event team member, written several articles for Creative Embroidery Magazine and has been a frequent contributor to Aurifil’s Auribuzz blog via the Aurifil Ambassador and Aurifilosphy programs.
A former makeup artist and hairstylist, Kate found her true calling when she discovered BERNINA machines. After falling in love with quilting, Kate said goodbye to salon life and went to work in a BERNINA dealership, unlocking the world of sewing, long arm quilting and, most beloved of all, machine embroidery. After a few years of working in the BERNINA dealer Kate joined the BERNINA event team where she traveled all around the United States to spread the joy of sewing and love of BERNINA machines.
It was at this time Kate created her company, Tough Kitten Crafts, with the sole purpose of empowering sewists to move from frustrated to fearless with machine embroidery via online education. Kate taught thousands of sewists virtually to finally get fearless with machine embroidery, particularly with the BERNINA embroidery machines.
In 2022 Kate closed the doors to Tough Kitten Crafts and joined the BERNINA of America Education team as the Embroidery Specialist.
Kate is a major movie nerd and in her free time you will find her knitting while binge watching new tv shows, playing video games while hanging with her pets or finding new recipes to cook up. Kate lives in Orlando, Florida with her boyfriend Brad, Step daughter Jade and their pets Alfred (dog), Arya (dog) and Amelia (cat).
Latest Posts from Kate Toney
Other Posts from Kate Toney
- Sew Your Own Snuffle Mat, Part One
- Flatlock Patchwork Trick-or-Treat Bag
- Machine Embroider a Rope Bowl
- How to Make Machine Embroidered Jewelry
- Machine Embroidered Minky Cuddle® Bunny
- Machine-embroidered Christmas Stocking, Part 3: Embroider the Design
- Machine-embroidered Christmas Stocking, Part 2: Embroider the Cuff
- Machine-embroidered Christmas Stocking, Part 1: Sew the Stocking
- Back-to-school Machine Embroidery Appliqués
- Freestanding Lace Tutorial: Butterfly Shadow Box
- Embroider a Valentine’s Table Topper
- Embroidery with Word Art
- Quilt As You Go Table Runner
- How to Digitize and Personalize Coasters
- My BERNINA is Calling and I Must Sew