Kate Toney is a Florida based machine embroidery expert. In addition to running her own online machine embroidery education site Kate is also an expert contributor on WeAllSew, Aurifil educator through their “Aurifilosphy” program and has written several articles for Creative Embroidery Magazine.
A former makeup artist and hairstylist Kate found her true calling when she discovered BERNINA machines and the world of sewing, long arm quilting and, most beloved of all, machine embroidery.
Upon creating her company Tough Kitten Crafts, it became Kate’s mission to empower sewists to move from frustrated to fearless with machine embroidery via online education. When Kate is hosting embroider alongs or developing new online classes, you will find Kate at Walt Disney World with her boyfriend, Brad, or snuggled on the couch with her pets while she knits and watches movies.
You can follow Kate on Instagram at @ToughKittenCrafts or check out her blog on ToughKittenCrafts.com where she has a multitude of resources for all levels of machine embroiderers.
Latest Posts from Kate Toney
Other Posts from Kate Toney
- Machine-embroidered Christmas Stocking, Part 1: Sew the Stocking
- Back-to-school Machine Embroidery Appliqués
- Freestanding Lace Tutorial: Butterfly Shadow Box
- Embroider a Valentine’s Table Topper
- Embroidery with Word Art
- Quilt As You Go Table Runner
- How to Digitize and Personalize Coasters
- My BERNINA is Calling and I Must Sew