Megann grew up on a small farm in Plymouth, Nebraska, where her love for sewing began at the age of five. Megann's mother and grandmother taught her how to sew and encouraged her to practice her new skills by joining 4-H and creating garments, quilts, and crafts to be judged at the county fair. She stuck with it for twelve years.
Megann continued creating and sewing as she attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising. She moved to Illinois to grow her love for sewing as an Associate Educator for BERNINA of America.
Her favorite memories were having several of her pieces featured in the Robert Hillestad Textiles Gallery and having her Quilt of Valor featured in the QOV book, A 50 State Salute, representing the great state of Nebraska. Go Huskers!
Latest Posts from Megann Freese (20)
- Garment Sew-along Part 7: Cuffs
- Garment Sew-along Part 6: Collars
- Garment Sew-along Part 5: Sleeves and Side Seams
- Garment Sew-along Part 4: Fronts, Yokes and Seams
- Match Your Mask—10 Sewing Projects and Accessories for Any Facemask
- Garment Sew-along Part 3: Different Stitches in Garment Sewing
- 5-Minute Mask with an Overlocker
- Sewing with a Twin Needle
- How to Set In a Sleeve
- BERNINA Made to Create Studio: A Series of Online Lessons
- Garment Sew-along Part 2: Pattern Cutting, Markings and Fitting
- Garment Sew-along Part I: Garment Sizing and Fabric Selection
- How to Add a Hemstitched Pocket to a T-Shirt
- Piping on a Pillow with Bulky Overlock Foot #12C
- How to Insert a Zipper Three Different Ways
- How to Finish Necklines Three Different Ways
- Lined Clear Vinyl Clutch
- How to Embroider on Minky
- What’s In Your Sewing Kit: Tools
- What’s In Your Sewing Kit: Presser Feet