Sue is the owner of Sue O'Very Designs, a machine embroidery designer bringing Fast, Fun and Adorable projects to embroidery enthusiast worldwide. She is a BERNINA Ambassador stitching on her BERNINA 790 Plus. Her background is costume, fashion and small leather goods design.
Sue teaches her machine embroidery techniques nationwide, on BluePrint and her YouTube channel. Sue is a columnist for DIME and regularly featured in CME. Sue is an Aurifil thread designer, Daylight Company Ambassador, Blogger and artist. She has an obvious passion for sewing notions and showcases that love in a regular series on her YouTube channel, "Does this Notion REALLY work?" . This gives Sue the opportunity to teach often without being in the same room as her students.
She has a sweet daughter named Heidi and lives in Sunny Florida. Heidi is her muse and inspiration. Sue admits her daughter gives her the best ideas. When you met Sue in person you are sure to be inspired, laugh and learn. Sue says the best part of her job is teaching and seeing the enthusiasm when they stitch up one of her designs or patterns.
Latest Posts from Sue O'Very (17)
- Four Simple Serger Hacks
- Add Embroidery to a Pattern Piece
- Embroider-along Part 12: How to Embroider on Pet Screen
- Embroider-Along Part 11: How to Embroider on Cuddle Luxe
- Embroider-Along Part 10: Embroider a Pillow Case
- Embroider-Along Part 9: How to Embroider a T-Shirt
- Embroider-Along Part 8: Embroidery on Sheer Fabrics
- Embroider-Along Part 7: Napped Fabrics
- Embroider-Along Part 6: How to Embroider Wovens
- Embroider-Along Part 5: How to Embroider Knits
- Embroider-Along Part 4: Placement and Hooping
- Embroider-Along Part 3: Needles and Threads
- Embroider-along Part 2: Stabilizers and Materials
- Embroider-along Part 1: The Four Basics of Machine Embroidery
- Cork Butterfly Necklace In the Hoop
- Hello Spring Embroidered Pillow
- Four-leaf Clover Door Hanger In-the-Hoop