Sue is the owner of Sue O'Very Designs, a machine embroidery designer bringing Fast, Fun and Adorable projects to embroidery enthusiast worldwide. She is a BERNINA Ambassador stitching on her BERNINA 790 Plus. Her background is costume, fashion and small leather goods design.
Sue teaches her machine embroidery techniques nationwide, on Craftsy and her YouTube channel. Sue is a columnist for DIME and regularly featured in CME. Sue is an Aurifil thread designer, Blogger and artist. Her most recent book was, The Year of the Crafter, a coloring book with machine embroidery designs. She has an obvious passion for sewing notions and reviews a new notion each week on her YouTube channel. This gives Sue the opportunity to teach weekly without being in the same room as her students.
She has a sweet daughter named Heidi and lives in Sunny Florida. Heidi is her muse and inspiration. Sue admits her daughter gives her the best ideas.
Sue says the best part of her job is teaching and seeing the enthusiasm when they stitch up one of her designs or patterns.
Latest Posts from Sue O'Very (14)
- Embroider-Along: Part 11 How to Embroider on Cuddle Luxe
- Embroider-Along Part 10: Embroider a Pillow Case
- Embroider-Along Part 9: How to Embroider a T-Shirt
- Embroider-Along Part 8: Embroidery on Sheer Fabrics
- Embroider-Along Part 7: Napped Fabrics
- Embroider-Along Part 6: How to Embroider Wovens
- Embroider-Along Part 5: How to Embroider Knits
- Embroider-Along Part 4: Placement and Hooping
- Embroider-Along Part 3: Needles and Threads
- Embroider-along Part 2: Stabilizers and Materials
- Embroider-along Part 1: The Four Basics of Machine Embroidery
- Cork Butterfly Necklace In the Hoop
- Hello Spring Embroidered Pillow
- Four-leaf Clover Door Hanger In-the-Hoop