Susan has a life-long love of creating and began to use needle and thread at about 10 years of age. This eventually led to earning a degree in Clothing /Textiles and a Master’s in Design, and then to working for BERNINA in both sales and education. For the 20+ years Susan was at BERNINA, she learned to appreciate the importance of using quality tools, specifically focusing in on the power of presser feet. As the editor of The Big Book of Feet…A Guide to BERNINA Presser Feet and Accessories, Susan is a strong proponent for using specialty presser to help you sew better, faster, and more creatively!
Susan created Sewfeet.com as a way to share all types of sewing with both beginners and experienced stitchers, paying particular attention to presser feet and attachments.
Latest Posts from Susan Beck (32)
- Spanish Hemstitch Attachment #47
- The Big Book of Feet
- Why So Many Presser Feet?
- Quarter Inch Stitching with BERNINA Patchwork Feet
- How to Draw Flowers with Free-Motion Stitching
- How to Apply Cording for a Quick Edge Finish
- How to Sew Leather
- How to Stitch a Drapery Hem
- 3 Tips for Sewing Layers of Thick Fabric
- Why We Love the “Uneven Foot”
- What is “Wallpaper Piecing”?
- Graffiti Remix: Workshop with Alisa Burke
- Three Uses for an Open-Toe Presser Foot
- No Thread Slot? No Problem!
- Just SEW It! Savvy Seams
- Just SEW It! Piece by Piece
- Keeping My Newly-Organized Sewing Space Neat and Tidy
- Creative Surroundings
- Doodle Quilt
- Freearm Sewing
- Do You Doodle?
- Just SEW It is Going BOLD!
- 3 Ways to Sew a Button By Machine
- Piping Webinar, Revisited
- Pick A Piping
- Just Sew It: Monogramming
- Just SEW It! A Pile of Pillows, February 9
- Summer Wristlet
- Needle & Thread Shadow Box
- How to Make a Grocery Bag Saver
- The Foot Book: Gathering Feet
- Rediscovering Wonder Tape