|Hobbies||Besides sewing/textiles/fiber arts, I enjoy reading, writing, and interior design.|
|Favorite Type of Sewing||I love all types, but my favorite is mixed media -- mixing fabric, paper, fibers, ephemeral mementos, photographs, trinkets, charms, etc.|
As part of the Education Department at BERNINA of America, I develop teaching and training materials and design projects for the web and Through the Needle ONLINE.
Latest Posts from Susan Beck (28)
- How to Apply Cording for a Quick Edge Finish
- How to Sew Leather
- How to Stitch a Drapery Hem
- 3 Tips for Sewing Layers of Thick Fabric
- Why We Love the “Uneven Foot”
- What is “Wallpaper Piecing”?
- Graffiti Remix: Workshop with Alisa Burke
- Three Uses for an Open-Toe Presser Foot
- No Thread Slot? No Problem!
- Just SEW It! Savvy Seams
- Just SEW It! Piece by Piece
- Keeping My Newly-Organized Sewing Space Neat and Tidy
- Creative Surroundings
- Doodle Quilt
- Freearm Sewing
- Do You Doodle?
- Just SEW It is Going BOLD!
- Three Little Stitches
- Piping Webinar, Revisited
- Pick A Piping
- Just Sew It: Monogramming
- Just SEW It! A Pile of Pillows, February 9
- Summer Wristlet
- Needle & Thread Shadow Box
- How to Make a Grocery Bag Saver
- The Foot Book: Gathering Feet
- Rediscovering Wonder Tape
- Zen Art Project