Erika is a textile artist and color theory enthusiast who inherited her love of sewing and art from her mother at an early age. From her first sewing projects of doll clothes and stuffed animals, Erika has learned many sewing techniques and styles, from garment and corset construction to fabric dyeing and quilting. Merging her love of both sewing and art, she has earned a Bachelor's Degree in both Fine Arts and Fiber Arts.
Erika currently resides in Chicago, Illinois where she continues to create and share her love of sewing and art.
Latest Posts from Erika Mulvenna (35)
- Color Wheel Basics
- Half Square Triangle Piecing Tip
- Orphan Block Mini-Quilt
- Sugar Skull Mug Rug
- DIY Car Show Detailing Cloths
- From Kid’s Drawing to Embroidery Design
- Quilting in a Straight Line with Walking foot #50
- The Triangle Quilt, Made With My BERNINA
- Desktop Hand Warmers
- How to Keep Thread Spools Organized
- QuiltCon 2015 Recap
- How To Make Perfectly Pieced Tiny Squares
- DIY Log Cabin Patchwork Café Apron
- Quilting Inspiration: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Home and Studio
- Frank Lloyd Wright Inspiration
- My Quilt is on QUILTY!
- Sunrise Baby Quilt: Bind It!
- Sunrise Baby Quilt: Let’s Get Quilting!
- Sunrise Baby Quilt: Ready, Set, Go Get Your Fabric!
- The Sunrise Quilts
- Simple Festive Pillowcases
- T-Shirt Appliqué With AquaMesh Plus
- Top 5 Tips for Successful Free-Motion Quilting
- DIY Little Mod Bag
- How to Make a Geometric Quilt Block Pillow
- AQS Paducah Quilt Show 2012
- Tags and Name-Tape With Lettering Stitches
- Shrink Plastic Sewing Notions
- Tiny Pocket Tissue Holders
- What To Pack for a Quilt Retreat?
- Crafting Quick Fabric Flowers
- Quilted Postcards with the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild
- Baby Blanket Gift: Easy as 1-2-3!
- T-Shirt Makeover – Maternity Style!
- Erika’s Top 3 Presser Feet